Software for UT-Inspection of Weld Seam
A client engaged in manufacturing a range of agricultural equipment
To provide a one piece solution to simultaneously inspect both sides of the weld seam of a critical component in the equipment.
- Developed software to connect with specially designed hardware and two probes with 64 elements.
- Solution could be operated in batch and single/re-inspection mode testing.
- Provided simultaneous acquisition and display of live B-Scan data of both sides of the weld seam
- Developed an automatic defect detection routine to mark and identify defects
- Provided ability to generate and print reports instantly
- Increased productivity: Time taken reduced from 1 and 1/2 half days to 30 minutes for completion of one batch testing sequence
- Increased accuracy, reliability and easy usability: Automatic detection of defects and full coverage of the weld seam inspection area with real-time scan display